Selecting the Direction of projection¶
The Direction of projection is related to the translation of objects.
You can change the current axis for Direction interactively in the 3D view by using the shortcuts X, Y, Z.
The built-in orientations of Pro Align Tools for direction includes:
- Global: Translate objects in the axes of the world coordinates
- Local: Translate objects in the axes of the selected objects
- View: Translate objects in the axes of the current viewport space
- Perpendicular: Always translate objects perpendicularly towards the projection Plane (no axis used)
- Custom: Translate objects in the axes of any Custom transform orientation defined by the user
Some orientations for Direction can also be changed directly in the 3D view by using the appropriate shortcuts:
- L: Switch between Local and Global orientations
- V: Switch between the current View and Global orientations
- P: Switch between the Perpendicular and Global orientations
When you use the Local direction, you can choose between 2 different behaviours:
- Use the local direction of the active object for all selected objects: All directions are the same.
- Use the local direction of every object individually: The directions are independent for every object.